Food Service and Retail Food Inspection

Requirements & Permitting

Restaurants and Retail/Convenience/Grocery Stores must obtain an annual permit to operate a business in the City of Cedar Hill.

Mobile Vending Units and Ice Cream trucks must also obtain a permit from the Code Enforcement Department to operate a business in the City of Cedar Hill. An inspection is required before a permit is issued and must be inspected every six months.

To obtain a permit, please complete an application (PDF) and email to City Permits for review.

Food Service & Retail Food Inspection

Any inspection report is a "snapshot" of the day and time of the inspection. On any given day, a restaurant could have more or fewer violations. An inspection may not be representative of the overall, long-term cleanliness of an establishment. At the time of the inspection, violations are recorded, but are often corrected on-the-spot prior to the inspector leaving the establishment.

To file a complaint regarding a food establishment, please call Perin Warren at (214) 908-3776.