Historic Downtown Advisory Board
The Historic Downtown Advisory Board is comprised of nine voting members, representatives of the community, and appointed by the City Council to serve as advocates for the preservation of downtown heritage. By fostering community pride and involvement, stimulating diverse business development, and organizing and maintaining the overall community effort to revitalize Cedar Hill's historic downtown businesses and residences, the board champions the interests of the Old Town, Uptown, and Old Town Corridor districts.
The Historic Downtown Advisory Board's purpose is to serve the city as historic downtown liaisons by:
- Creating opportunities that foster the public and private effort to revitalize the historic downtown district
- Cooperating with City staff in the development and implementation of goals and strategies to preserve the historic downtown business and residential areas
- Providing direction in the areas of policy administration, evaluation and architectural review for the Old Town and Uptown Overlay Districts
- Assisting City staff in coordination and planning of downtown events
- Promoting programs and objectives that enhance the design, land use, funding, promotion, and economic development of historic downtown
Request a citizen interest application (PDF).
The board meets the fourth Monday of each month at 6 p.m. in the Administration Conference Room on the fourth floor of the Cedar Hill Government Center, located at 285 Uptown Boulevard, across from the Cinemark Theatre.