Kayaking, Fishing, Jetskiing & More
2020 | JULY 3 – Most State Parks Open for Day Visits and Camping
Many parks have reduced their capacity at this time. We strongly encourage making day pass and camping reservations before you visit. Reserve them online or by calling (512) 389-8900.
What to know before you visit:
- Face coverings are strongly encouraged.
- No groups of over 10 people are allowed, except for families or people living in the same household.
- Maintain at least a six-foot distance from people not in your group.
- Most park headquarters, visitor centers and stores are open.
- We have cancelled all in-person events and equipment rentals and loans.
- Park hours may be adjusted - be sure to check park hours before you visit. Contact the park for the gate code during regular hours if you will be arriving after hours to camp.
- Check travel restrictions before you go.
2019 | JUNE 26 - These areas are closed due to flood damage:
- The entire day use area, near the Lakeview camping loop, is closed until 2022 at the earliest. This closure includes the North Boat Ramp, beach swim area, area restrooms, and the jetty portion of Loop J.
- Various shoreline campsites
- Some camping areas
- J-loop day-use area (near Penn Farm)
- The Marina is permanently closed and bait isn’t for sale in the park.
Trail access depends on weather and trail repairs, please see the park Facebook page for updates.
Contact the park for the latest information.
Your Sporting Dreams Come True
Cedar Hill State Park welcomes families and sports enthusiasts of all kinds and has what it takes to make your sporting dreams come true.
Joe Pool Lake covers 7,500 acres and has a setting to suit your every water recreation need. Whether racing along the water's surface in your favorite speed machine, kayaking along the wooded shoreline or taking in a beautiful sunset sail, there's room enough for all to enjoy. And fishermen will find plenty of peaceful, secluded inlets and coves in which to cast their lures.
Hikers will appreciate the unique topography of the park and mountain bikers will find the intense trails challenging.
Sporting events include fishing tournaments, cycling races, and festivals held year-round at the State Park.