City Sports Facilities
Great teams begin in Cedar Hill
The City of Cedar Hill owns and operates over 800 acres of award-winning, state-of-the-art sports playing fields, courts, recreation facilities
Our community park system offers courts of all kinds, multi-purpose practice fields and lighted competitive athletic fields including specialty facilities. We also service a number of special purpose parks designed to accommodate specific recreation or competitive athletic activities, most with adjacent parking, playgrounds, hike and bike trails and other natural amenities.
- Alan E. Sims Cedar Hill Recreation Center is equipped with a multi-purpose gymnasium featuring two full, synthetic-hardwood courts for basketball or other indoor sports, an aerobics room, meeting and conference center, full strength and cardio fitness area, game room and childcare.
- Community Center Park has 2 lighted baseball fields, bleachers, concession building with restrooms, a play structure, picnic tables and paved parking.
- Crawford Park features 2 lighted tennis and 3 lighted basketball courts, 2 soccer style practice fields, practice backstop, a swimming pool, and gazebo.
- Dot Thomas Park has 2 lighted fields primarily for baseball, bleachers, concession building with restrooms, a play structure and trail head.
- Lester Lorch Preserve is a special use park with a challenging 36-hole disc golf course suitable for tournament or casual play, picnic tables, play areas, a pond, trails and parking, both paved and unpaved.
- Parkerville Park features 5 lighted fields primarily for organized baseball, bleachers, concessions with restrooms, a play structure, adjacent paved parking and nearby overflow parking.
- The 155-acre Valley Ridge Park and Sports Complex features 18 soccer pitches (5 lighted), 6 lighted baseball and 4 lighted softball fields, 3 football fields (2 lighted), 4 concession buildings with restrooms, 4 play structures, a stocked fishing pond with pier and 2 fountains, a 3,000 square foot outdoor amphitheater, and paved parking throughout the park adjacent to athletic play areas.
- Virginia Weaver Park has a 4 field baseball complex with concession building and restrooms, a lighted pavilion, grills, picnic tables, a creative playground, and adjacent paved parking with nearby overflow parking.