Cedar Hill Senior Center is open to Adults 55+. All classes are at 20 users each. Registration and membership will be required to participate. You can register in person at the Alan E. Sims Recreation Center, Cedar Hill Senior Center online at cedarhilltx.com/online.
Take a program specialized for Active Seniors, enjoy a specialty trip, or just come and say hi to your fellow peers at the Cedar Hill Senior Center!
Membership and registration are required for all 55+ activities. Registration for each month begins the last full week of the previous month and can be done in-person at the Center or online. A Senior Center Membership Form must be turned in to the Senior Center to complete your membership- forms are also available at the Senior Center.
Cedar Hill residents will have first priority. Non-residents must pay a $20 per program fee to participate in exercise classes.
Wednesday s 10a.m. – 12p.m.
$1 per bingo card. Enjoy this game with friends. Win great prizes of nonperishable items.
Mondays, 11 a.m.
Wednesdays, 12 p.m.
Enjoy the game of bridge with other members. Even if you don't know how to play, we will teach you! Monday is casual bridge and recommended for new players, Wednesday is for more intermediate competitive play.
Loom Knitting - Registration Required
Wednesdays, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Anyone of any skill level invited! Loom knitting is easy, fun, and doesn’t take long to complete! Some of the hats created will be donated to various North Texas Organizations including the Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, various cancer centers, and local nursing homes.
Queen Beaders - Registration Required
Thursdays, 10 a.m. to noon
Learn the art of making beautiful and fun jewelry to wear.
Hand Quilting - Registration Required
Wednesdays, 1:00p.m. to 3:00p.m.
Quilting is a major part of history. This class will help you enhance your personal legacy as you make your mark on history.
Line Dancing - Registration Required
Tuesdays, 12:45p.m. to 2p.m.
Learn fun dances choreographed to contemporary music.
Gold Toning Exercise - Registration Required
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30a.m. to 9:30a.m. and 9:30a.m. to 10:30a.m.
Tone your body and stay active through aerobic movement. Participants incorporate light weights and bands.
Yoga for Seniors - Registration Required
Mondays/Thursdays, 1p.m. to 2p.m. and 2p.m. to 3p.m.
Learn how to breathe through basic Yoga movements with or without the use of a chair.
Mat Yoga - Registration Required
Tuesdays, 2:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Basic yoga on a mat
Zumba Gold - Registration Required
Monday 8:30a.m. to 9:30a.m. and Thursday 10:30 a.m. – 11:30a.m. or
Tuesday 10:30a.m. to 11:30a.m. and Friday 10:30a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Move to the rhythm of the music with basic Latin dance moves.
A variety of day trips are offered monthly for a nominal fee and are open to registered members of the Senior Center. Advanced registration is required and availability is limited.
Extended trips are offered to Senior Center members throughout the year to a variety of locations such as Montreal, New York City, and more.
Click on the images below for more information on specific 2020 trips.
- Registration for trips/outings will begin on the last full week of the previous month (ex. registration for May trips will begin the last full week of April).
- Cedar Hill residents only will be able to sign up on the first two days of registration.
- Open registration will begin on the third day of each registration period until the trip is full.
- Full payment must accompany registration.
- Registration must be made in person at the Senior Center or online through ActiveNet. We will not accept payment for trips over the phone.
- Participants must contact the Senior Center if it becomes necessary to cancel for any reason.
- When possible, the space will be filled by someone from the waiting list.
- Participants may not transfer their reservation to a friend. All cancellations must be processed through the Senior Center.
- There will be no refunds for individuals canceling their trip registration unless the reservation has been resold or the Senior Center receives a refund from the provider.
- Refunds will only be given if the Senior Center needs to cancel the trip.
A complete copy of the Senior Center rules may be obtained at the Senior Center or by downloading them (PDF).
- All participants must sign-in upon arrival to the Senior Center.
- Classes are only open to registered members of the Senior Center.
- Any fees required for activities or trips must be paid in advance.
- The Senior Center is a No Smoking Facility.
- Tobacco and Alcohol are not allowed within the building or on the Senior Center grounds.
- Pets (other than service animals) and children are not allowed.
- Lost and found items will be held for 30 days. After 30 days, lost items will be donated to a local charity.
- In the event of inclement weather, the Senior Center will be closed only if the City of Cedar Hill is closed.
- The Senior Center will be closed for holidays following the City of Cedar Hill Government Center closing schedule.
- Guests of eligible Senior Center Participants are welcome provided they sign a waiver of liability and agree to adhere to all applicable policies and procedures as determined by the Senior Center Supervisor.
Unfortunately bus service is temporarily suspended.
Bus service is available to and from the Senior Center for Cedar Hill residents only for no additional fee. This service is exclusive for members that do not drive or have no other means of transportation. To reserve your ride, please call (469) 493-9287 one day in advance during business hours.
The Cedar Hill Senior Senate is a 501(c)(3) advisory board organized for the benefit of the Cedar Hill Senior Center. Meetings are held the third Monday of each month at 9:30 am at the Senior Center and are open to the public. Its main function is to raise funds, advise, support, and assist the Senior Center Staff. To connect with the Senior Senate by email click here, or Facebook click here.