- City Services
- Municipal Court
- Resolve A Citation
Resolve A Citation
Fine amounts vary with the nature of the offense. The maximum fine amount on most traffic cases is $200, but violations of some city code provisions may be as much as $2,000 plus court costs. When you pay your fine you are pleading "no contest" and waiving your right to a trial. You will be found guilty and the conviction will be reported to the Department of Public Safety, if applicable.
Your citation is due 30 days from the date the citation was issued. (Juveniles must appear in court with a parent or guardian - you will be mailed a court date). Your appearance must be either in person or by mail and a phone call does not constitute as an appearance.
Failure to respond to your citation within 30 days from the date the citation was issued may result in a:
o Warrant for your arrest and an additional $50 fee will be assessed
o Separate charge filed for Fail to Appear or Violate Promise to Appear
o A hold will be placed on your driver’s license and any vehicle registered in your name
In addition, you may be reported to a third party collection agency and additional fees added to your case.
Terms and Conditions: By paying your fine on the TPG Website you understand:
If you have not already been set up for Deferred Disposition or Driver’s Safety Course and you make a payment online, the court will accept your payment as a plea of No Contest and a Guilty Conviction will be entered on your case.
- By paying on-line, you are also waiving your right to a trial and any right to appeal the conviction.
- Fines and or warrant payments paid after hours, weekends and holidays, will not post until the following workday.
- If you or a family member are currently under arrest, do not use this payment system. Make your payment at the jail where you are being held at.
- Juveniles – State law requires that juveniles (16 or younger) make a personal appearance with a parent or legal guardian before the judge.
- Alcohol or Tobacco Violations - There are age restrictions for certain alcohol (under 21) and tobacco (under 21) violations. You may not pay online but must appear before the judge. Contact the court for more information at 469-272-2930.
- Failure to make payments by the due date may result in additional fines, fees and possible warrants for your arrest.
- A processing fee will apply.
Phone payments are made through The Payment Group (a processing fee will apply) by calling the operator at: (choose option 4)
You can pay with cash, debit card, credit card, check or money order. visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted.
The court is located at 285 Uptown Boulevard Cedar Hill, TX 75104.
At the Municipal Court Office, we accept cash, check, money order and all major credit and debit cards.
Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
Please note that without a plea of guilty or no contest, the Municipal Court cannot accept a payment from anyone other than the defendant.
You may place a check or money order for your payment in the drop box in front of the Government Center, the one inside the Government Center (located at the Utility Services windows) and at the Alan Sims Recreation Center (310 E Parkerville Road) at any time. Do not place cash in any of the drop boxes. Contents of the boxes are picked up once per business day by 2 p.m. and payments made after the daily pickup will be received and posted the following business day.
You may mail your payment to:
City of Cedar Hill (Attn: Municipal Court)
285 Uptown Boulevard
Cedar Hill, TX 75104
The payment must be for the full amount due by either personal check or money order. The postmark date on the letter (stamped by the postal service) is the date that the clerks use to note the payment date. Do not send cash. Send on a check or money order through the mail and be sure to clearly print the citation number on the check or money order to ensure that the correct citation is credited.
Indicate if you have an address change.
If your citation is in warrant status, the Municipal Court will not accept payment by check.