Residential Trash / Recycling Service
Trash and recycling are collected weekly, on the same day. A collection day map is available for review. View or print this flyer for more information.
- Every home has one weekly pickup day for trash, recycling and 1 bulky item.
- Trash and/or Recycling should be set out by 7 a.m. the day of collection.
- Trash may not be set out before 6 p.m. the evening before pickup day.
- Every single-family home has been issued a 96-gallon recycle cart.
- The green cart with the yellow lid is used for recyclables only.
- These carts will not be picked up if they contain anything other than recyclables.
- Residents may elect to lease a 96-gallon trash cart for $3 per month per cart.
- To request a trash cart, call 469-272-2931.
- Residents may place up to 3 cubic yards of bagged trash at the curb or alley on the scheduled trash day.
- Green waste and brush are collected on a monthly pickup schedule.
Waste Management will collect 1 bulk item per pickup day at no additional charge. Just place your bulk item at the curb or alley on the day of your regular trash collection.
Acceptable Bulk Items:
- Pieces of furniture
- One fence section (cut to 4ft. sections with no concrete)
- Other residential items too large for a container
- Construction debris
- Hazardous waste
In the Spring and the Fall the City provides collection of electronic waste items that can be recycled including: CD/DVD players, cell phones, copiers, fax machines, printers, satellite TV equipment, VCRs and TVs up to 32". The E-waste event includes free paper shredding service. Check the E-waste page on the City website for dates and details. Recycled items are processed for free by a third-party company that salvages and recycles most of the material and safely disposes of the rest.
The Best Buy store in Cedar Hill, located in the Target shopping center, will accept electronic items to be recycled during regular business hours. They accept TVs up to 42" and other electronic devices.
Waste Management will collect 4 bundles of brush or a bulk item per pickup day at no additional charge. Just place your bundled brush at the curb or alley on the day of your regular trash collection.
Bundles should not exceed 6 inches in diameter. Branches should not be larger than 4 feet in length, and 4 inches in diameter. Total weight must be 45 pounds or less per bundle.
Loose Brush Monthly Service
Larger quantities of brush are picked up at the curb (not in the alley) once a month according to the map. Week 1 begins the first Monday of each month. More information and a map showing collection weeks is available online.
Brush does not need to be bundled, but must not exceed 4-foot lengths or branches over 6 inches in diameter. Do not place brush on water meters or under power / telephone lines. Residents may place up to 10 cubic yards (size of a small car).
Brush resulting from work done by a commercial service provider will not be picked up such as tires, hazardous waste, commercial waste or construction debris. For amounts over 10 yards, please contact Waste Management at 972.315.5400 to negotiate a pickup charge.
The City of Cedar Hill encourages recycling. Recyclable materials include:
- Aluminum cans
- Cereal boxes
- Glass bottles #1 and #2 plastic bottles and containers (HDPE and PET)
- Household paper products
- Junk mail
- Steel / tin cans
- Telephone books
- Automotive batteries
- Cooking oil
- Motor oil
- Other hazardous materials
- Paint cans
- Packaging materials contaminated with food or grease
- Pesticide containers
Proper Disposal of Grease & Cooking Oil
Do not pour cooking oil or grease down your sink. When these materials cool they collect in sewer pipes and clog them, resulting in expensive repairs and occasionally, backups into homes.
Small amounts of cooking oil can be collected in a paper towel and disposed in the garbage. Larger quantities, such as used in fryers, should be collected in a container and disposed either at the biannual local Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events, or taken to the EEC facility in Fort Worth.
Holiday & Inclement Weather Make-up Days
The city and Waste Management guarantee every resident to receive once a week trash collection.
- If a holiday or inclement weather falls on a Monday or Tuesday, the make-up day will be Wednesday.
- If a holiday or inclement weather falls on a Thursday or Friday, the make-up day will be on Saturday.
Residents may take materials such as fencing, brush, construction trash etc. to the Waste Management landfill located at 1201 North Central Avenue, in Ferris, TX. Residents will need to take a recent water bill from the city to show residency.
The landfill is open from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday - Friday and on Saturdays from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. More information regarding landfill access is available online.
Waste Management is the service provider for trash, recycling and landfill access for the residents and businesses of Cedar Hill. You may contact them Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., and on Saturday from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. at 972.315.5400.