In the interest of the health and well-being of our residents, the City of Cedar Hill is canceling all scheduled senior programs through March 31, 2020. This includes all trips, transportation, fitness classes, games, dance, and special interest programs.
This decision was reached after consultation with the City’s local health authority and after careful consideration of the growing spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID019) cases in the United States and worldwide. We want to be vigilant in exercising every precaution to protect our senior population, as those 65 and over are considered high risk by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
The CDC advises that older adults are at a higher risk of getting very sick from this illness, and has advised that older adults should:
- Take everyday precautions to keep space between yourself and others,
- Avoid crowds as much as possible,
- Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds,
- Avoid cruise travel and non-essential air travel, and
- Stay at home as much as possible in the event of an outbreak in your community.
You can find more information about Coronavirus (COVID-19) at cdc.gov/coronavirus.
The City will re-assess programs and events for scheduled for April over the next few weeks.