- City Services
- Animal Shelter
- Owner Surrenders
Rehome is great resource to rehome pets by allowing owners to list their pets online, screen applications of potential adopters, and finalize adoptions - all without having to bring your pet to an animal shelter!
A few important things to keep in mind with regards to this program are:
- You do not have to be a resident of our three cities in order to use this website
- Many adoptees that are interested in certain breeds, such as the American Pit Bull Terrier, prefer an owner's perspective and will check a re-homing website before coming to a shelter. This method can help provide better placement results!
- Keep Your Pet Help
- Give us a call if you need additional assistance!
Home to Home is another great resource just like Rehome where owners can try and find a great home for their pet!
Other Rehoming Resources
Resource to find other animals up for adoption and to re-home pet
Provides options for financial hardships, training, and re-homing.
Renters w/ Pets
Resolve landlord issues and finding housing for you and your pet
Cedar Hill, DeSoto & Duncanville Residents
The Tri-City Animal shelter is an open-admission shelter for residents of Cedar Hill, DeSoto, and Duncanville. If you are looking to surrender your pet, please make sure you have the following with you:
- Texas ID listing current address in Cedar Hill, DeSoto, or Duncanville OR Proof of current residency (bills, car insurance, etc.) AND valid ID.
- Any medical records of the pet.
Although not required, a pet personality profile for the pet surrendered helps us in finding the right home for your pet. Please consider filling out a personality profile for your pet, and telling us all that you can about them, since you know your pet best.
View a dog personality profile, or a cat personality profile.
Though we try our best to find a home or safe place for every animal in our care, we are not able to guarantee that every animal will be adopted or placed. Once a pet has been surrendered to our shelter, they may be placed in adoptions, transferred to a different shelter or rescue group, euthanized, or sent to a foster home.
We are not able to disclose the outcome of any animal once they have been surrendered to us.
If you are not a resident of Cedar Hill, DeSoto, or Duncanville, then you can surrender your pet at the shelter serving your city.
Other shelters in the area are: