- City Services
- Municipal Court
- Resolve A Citation
- Driver's Safety Course (DSC)
Driver's Safety Course (DSC)
If you are charged with a moving motor vehicle violation, you may request to take a Driving Safety Course (DSC) to keep the violation off your driving record. You must make your request on or before the appearance date indicated on your citation. Do not take a driving safety course without first obtaining permission from the Court.
** If you were operating a motorcycle at the time of the violation, you must take a Motorcycle Operator’s Training Course.
At the time of the request, you must:
1. provide proof of liability insurance (or other financial responsibility);
2. provide proof of a valid Texas driver's license;
3. plead guilty or no contest;
4. pay the courts costs and fee of $144 (or $169 for school zone violations)
5. sign a sworn affidavit declaring that you are eligible to take a driving safety course.
You are eligible to request this course if you:
1. have not completed a course to dismiss a traffic ticket in the 12 months preceding the date of the violation;
2. are not currently taking a course for another traffic violation;
3. have not committed the offense of speeding 25 mph or over the posted speed limit; and
4. have not committed one of the following violations:
(a) failure to give information at an accident scene;
(b) leaving the scene of an accident;
(c) fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer;
(d) reckless driving;
(e) passing a school bus; or
(f) a serious traffic violation.
NOTE: If you hold a Commercial Driver's License (CDL), you are not eligible for the Driving Safety Course.
Once you are authorized by the Judge, you have 90 days to complete the course and proof of completion to the Court. The DSC provider must be approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations (TDLR) and the course may be taken either online, or in a classroom or restaurant setting. You must also provide to the court a certified copy of your driving record as maintained by the Texas Department of Public Safety. If you fail to comply with these conditions, you will receive notice of a hearing requiring you to appear in court to explain why you failed to show proof of completion. If you have a good reason why you were unable to comply, the Judge may, but is not required to, grant you an extension to complete the course.
Below is a link to request the Driving Safety Course Online and an application to request a copy of your Driving Record. If you have questions about your the process, please contact a court clerk at 469-272-2930.
Once you have obtained a copy of your Driving Record and completed your Driving Safety Course please sign the top copy of your certificate and submit them both to the court in person or by emailing the court at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request for Driver's Safety Course
Order Driver Record ONLINE with immediate download
List of Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation Approved DSC Courses
(Your choice of where to take the class)