Time Served

Time served credit is when a Judge gives a defendant who was in or is in jail, credit on their citation(s). 

Time served is not given automatically when released from jail; a Judge must approve it. You have to make the request for each citation and provide proof including dates and times of your incarceration. 

The judgment and sentence for the offense you are charged is the payment of a fine and cost. If you are not granted jail credit and you are ordered to pay a fine and cost, and you cannot pay, notify the court immediately. If you are determined by the court to have insufficient resources or income to pay, the court is required to provide you other ways to discharge the fine and cost.

What you need to Request Credit Time Served:

  1. Time served paperwork;
  2. Acceptable form of identification (Social security cards and selfies (pictures) are NOT valid forms of ID)
  3. Must have a valid phone number
  4. Provide proof of incarceration. (Examples but not limited to: Documentation from the jail showing the book-in and release date or jail paperwork with a court order showing the incarceration period in TDC or federal prison. The Court will not make calls to obtain proof of incarceration. Make copies for your records, paperwork mailed in will be the property of the Court.

Please contact the court to request your Request Credit for Time Served form.